Here is a recipe for some wonderful cookies.I got them from my Danish friend who obviously need to give me a course in Danish, because it was some part of the recipe i didn't understand what so ever.. The part i didn't understand was how they where suppose to look, so mine ended up like this but surly you can make the however you want.
So here is the recipe:
The seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean, or 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
70 gr powdered sugar
150 grams room tempered butter
250 grams wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking-powder
raspberry jam or any other jam
1. Mix the seeds fro the vanilla bean with 1 tbs of powdered sugar , the best is to use clean hands for this.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients except the water in a bowl or straight on a clean baking surface.
3. When this is done the dough is very dry , so the add cold water until you get a dough that is soft but not sticky. You need maybe 3-5 Tbs of water.
4. the place the dough in the fridge for about 1 hour or more.
5. The it is time to roll out the cookies, this is how I did it. I rolled the dough out ,use a lot of flour or do it between to sheets of baking paper, then i took a glass and made nice and round cookies. In half of them a cut out a small hole(use a smaller glass or whatever you have available)
6. But the cookies without holes on a baking tray. Whisk together one egg lightly and brush the cookies. Then "glue" the doughnut shaped cookie on top of the whole cookie. Then again brush the whole cookie with egg.
7. Then put a small spoon of jam in the middle of the cookie, don't use to much.
8. put the cookies in a pre heated oven,200 *c for about 10-12 minutes depending on your oven .
9.Let them cool down and then decorate them as you want. You can do as i did and use finally chopped chocolate or just some powdered sugar.
10. Then boil some coffee and enjoy Michaels dream cookies.